Unlike many other manufacturers Green Energy Lighting (GLC) LED lighting design objectives were established after numerous meetings with major US utility companies, the US Department of Energy and many testing labs, including U-L. Large Commercial enterprises as well as Electrical Contractors were also consulted. The result of our research has resulted in GLC LED lighting meeting a higher standard for reliability and safety while outperforming other manufacturers.
All prudent maintenance managers and decision makers know price is only one of the factors when choosing which LED company to purchase from. Safety, Reliability and performance are just as important if not more so in the process. Many manufacturers make claims to safety, reliability and performance but GLC has built in features such as Multi-Stage Surge Protection, Over current and Over temperature protection to name just a few. At GLC Quality is built into all our products to ensure we not only meet but exceed our customers’ expectations.
- GLC LED lighting tubes are all polycarbonate without any metal to reduce the risk of electric shock or safety hazards from breakage.
- Our driver is external and protects the lamp connectors and LEDs from over current.
- Our external driver is inherently energy limiting and has been designed to recent UL standards to include a recent U-L standard concerning lamp replacement;
- These recent U-L requirements are often not met by other providers. (See current appropriate UL standards and include a review of “Risk of electric shock – relamping”, in UL 1993 and UL 1598.)
- Voltage surge suppression of our external driver exceeds 140 joules and with our exclusive 3 stage surge suppressor normal operation will be sustained where others may suffer catastrophic failure.
- Our fault tolerant LED lamp and driver protection includes inherent power limiting.
- Automatic recovery for Power disturbances is standard in our LED drivers, with voltage specific drivers to improve trouble free operation at the specific line voltage used.
- GLC LED Lighting is designed to operate at extended temperatures.
- Unlike most other T8 LED retrofit kits, GLC T8 Led Lighting is wired to allow tubes to be installed either way, while still meeting the recent UL safety standards for relamping.
- GLC LED lighting do not have dark spots and operate cooler extending their life and reducing their weight.